Commonly Asked Questions

Do You Offer Bulk Order Pricing?

I happily offer discounts on large orders for bridal showers, weddings, birthdays and other special occasions.

Please contact me for more information!

Are Your Products Safe?

My candles are all soy based with fragrance oils that now are from a vendor specializing in Clean Scents for home. This means there is none of the yucky things that are unsafe for pets, children and you! These oils are specially formulated to be fragrant, safe and free of the following:

✖ Carcinogens: These are materials known or thought to cause cancer.

✖ Mutagens: Materials that change the DNA of a cell, harming the cell and causing diseases like cancer.

✖ Reproductive toxins: Toxins that adversely affect reproductive organs and increase the risk of birth defects.

✖ Organ toxins: These are toxins that can cause adverse effects or disease within specific bodily organs.

✖ Acute toxins: Toxins that can cause adverse effects from a single exposure. Generally, this would be accidental exposure like spillage or ingestion.

How Do I Care For My Candle?

Before Lighting:
Before burning, always trim the wick to ¼ inch. You can use a wick trimmer, nail clippers, or scissors. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
Always use a candleholder specifically designed for candle use. It should be heat resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax.
 Burn candles in a well-ventilated room:
 Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.
Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on burn time and proper use.

In general, it is recommended that candles do not burn for longer than four hours and cool for at least two hours before relighting.
When lighting a candle, use long matches or a long-reach lighter. Keep your hair and loose clothing away from the flame.
While Burning:
Never leave a candle unattended.
Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
Never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquefied.
Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch remains in the container or 2 inches if using a pillar candle.
Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.

What Do I Do With My Wax Melt?

Wax melts are made to only be used in appropriate wax melt burners.

Add one piece of the wax melt pack at a time until the required melted wax fill is reached. Do not overfill the wax melt burner initially as the wax will spill over. If wax remains in the burner bowl after use and you wish to remove it, wait until the wax cools and hardens, then apply a small amount of gentle pressure on one end of the wax until it pops out.

Do not use metal or sharp objects to clean out wax as this may crack or damage the burner or cause injury.

How Do I Maintain My Wax Burner?

Place the electric wax melt burner on a level, flat, cool, heat-resistant surface away from other heat sources and flammable objects. If used on a non-heat resistant surface damage may occur if the electric wax melt burner is used without a protective plate, tray or similar product.
    Position the wax melt segment on the top bowl of the wax melt burner.
    Plug in the electric wax melt burner and switch it on.
    Allow the heat of the bulb to melt the wax and fragrance will release into the room. The electric wax melt burner will become hot while in use, do not touch while in use as heated wax can cause burns. Allow the burner to cool completely before touching or moving.
    Do not allow the pool of wax to completely evaporate so the top bowl becomes dry whilst the electric wax melt burner is switched on. This could cause the electric wax melt burner to scorch.
    Switch off the electric wax melt burner and unplug from the mains when not in use.
    If wax remains in the bowl after use and you wish to remove the wax, wait until the wax cools and hardens, then whilst using protective gloves apply a small amount of gentle pressure on one end of the wax to pop the wax out.
    Let the electric wax melt burner completely cool before re-use.
    DO NOT USE METAL OBJECTS TO CLEAN OUT THE WAX.

    DO NOT APPLY EXCESSIVE PRESSURE WHEN CLEANING OR REMOVING WAX. THIS MAY CRACK AND DAMAGE THE BURNER.

    DO NOT PLACE THE BURNER IN A FREEZER.
    ELECTRIC WAX MELT BURNERS BECOME HOT DURING USE. ONLY USE ON A HEAT RESISTANT SURFACE. IF UNSURE, USE A PROTECTIVE PLATE, TRAY OR SIMILAR PRODUCT.